View Single Post
#13: 12-27-2012, 10:41 AM

zepplinluvr2
Title: Member
Car: 2005 LGT Wagon MT
Send a private message to zepplinluvr2 Find all posts by zepplinluvr2 Reply With Quote
so what does DP mean? My car has 124k miles on it and just had a brand new turbo installed on it. The car is funny, because sometimes it seems like the turbo wants to just GO (most after it's been running for a while) and then sometimes it doesn't seem like it wants to. I drove a WRX before I bought this, and it seemed like it had way more boost than my car. Is there a break in period for a new turbo?? Am I going to notice a difference as it gets broken in? I don't think I smell oil anymore, it might have been burn off from the new turbo installation. So take out the banjo bolt huh? Wouldn't that allow dirty particles into the turbo? And is baby-ing a car like this a bad idea? Should I run this thing hard every once in a while? I wish I knew what to look for when it comes to engine noise. At about 2k RPM, the engine almost sounds like it's knocking, but I can't tell if it's just normal Subaru engine noise. I'm super paranoid about this car now because of the turbo, and the bad reviews I read online about these cars being problematic. I worry about getting on the gas a little too much and breaking it Somebody gives me some words of comfort!! LoL.....