View Single Post
#31: 12-26-2012, 05:25 PM

TNTransplant
Title: Junior Member
Car: 2012 LGT
Send a private message to TNTransplant Find all posts by TNTransplant Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5032 View Post
You can use rims from an Impreza, or any variation except a WRX STI. Do you have a 2.5i? The 16" rims will not clear the front brake rotors on a 3.6R or GT. My 2.5i is a base model with the steelies. After my wife slid on ice last winter and hit a parked car, off came the Turdanzas and on went a set of Firestone Winterforce tires. I bought a set of 2007 WRX rims, bought TPMS sensors for them on tirerack, and bought tires locally and had them installed to use for summer wheels. I got the TPMS sensor id codes, and use a ATEQ Quickset to switch back and forth from winter to summer to program the ECM to recognize ghe sensors to keep the TPMS light off.
+1.

If I recall, the Quickset cost me about $120, and it's paid for itself many times over. Dealer initially did it for free, then wanted to charge $50/swap (not paying that), and I couldn't stand to look at the light all the time. Maybe just me, but I don't want my dash lit up with warning lights for half the year.