This thread did not gain much traction. But there is nothing worse then researching, finding your question asked and no replies. This is what I have done so far, I won't be able to complete the work until tomorrow (it's damned cold in Denver today).
I finally determined what was going on the the picture of AKLGT's swap. I went a different route.
1) on the right rail, I have removed the braket that mounts up to the plastic manifold.
2) on the left rail, I will be bending the other mount out of the way (it touches the sti manifold just under the throttle body.
3) I took at least two mm off of both of the extruded/threaded mounts for the STi rails. They have been filed down and the threads cleaned up. Lastly, I have built two custom relocation brakets. They mount to the STi manifold rail threads (or whats left of them) and relocate a bolt to the LGT sidefeed rails. Overall, the solution feels very solid.