View Single Post
#40: 12-23-2012, 05:27 PM

minuccims
Title: Flying W00t Monkey
Car: 2010 LGT Stage II, 2007 Outback 2.5i
Send a private message to minuccims Find all posts by minuccims Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gienek View Post
Reading all the posts on taking the Legacy GT to stage 1 and or stage 2 my question is, how does the 6spd manual trans hold up with the power increase? ...Being new to the Legacy GT and wanting to go with a Down-pipe, up-pipe, TBE and a pro-tune, my concern and thought is the trans something to be concerned about with the increase in power? or is it strong enough to take it? ...I just purchased my 2010 LGT on December 1st. and currently trying to educate myself on all the different options and concerns, ...Thanks in advance.
Ok. So I have 55k miles on Stage II. No problems. The OEM clutch can't hold the TQ so there is a little energy bleed off until the clutch is replaced.

So far, the tranny has held up. I would suspect 4th and 5th to have issues first. The boost is max before 3k. These gears may not take it under abuse.

There is no up pipe. The turbo is immediate after the header. Very little turbo lag, stage I and II are terrific daily drivers.

One or two have snapped a half shaft; tranny held up fine. Maybe one has had a rear diff issue.

So overall, mod away and enjoy. From a group perspective, failures are few.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minuccims For This Useful Post:
Gienek (12-24-2012), GTEASER (12-23-2012)