View Single Post
#7: 12-19-2012, 01:15 PM

thisheregirafFe
Title: Contributor
Car: '09 OBP spec.B
Send a private message to thisheregirafFe Find all posts by thisheregirafFe Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarManBean View Post
This. And here's my $.02 on making the choice--MAKE the choice, don't let something break and get backed into a corner. Either BP your stock intercooler now for $90 or pick up a reasonably priced aftermarket option from the forum (usually $400-500). If you blow you endtanks and have to buy something new it's gonna run you $650 or more plus the PITA of not having a working vehicle until you are able to get the part in.

EDIT: I'm obviously biased here, but I honestly try not to tell people what decision to make for their own needs and their own car. I will definitely agree with others though that if it is in your budget you should think seriously about upgrading the stock intercooler in one way or another.
yeah the intercooler was on my mind. i don't typically drive the car that hard, but always better safe. how much of a hassle is it to bp the intercooler? keep in mind i have a fairly small selection of tools and am by no means an expert wrench turner...