View Single Post
#13: 12-19-2012, 08:31 AM

f1anatic
Title: Das Cruise Meister
Car: Legacy GT & Forester XP & Jeep GC
Send a private message to f1anatic Find all posts by f1anatic Reply With Quote
I think the magazine, like some of the readers here, are over-reacting simply to the fact that there will not be a 2013 version of the WRX/STI. Subaru simply chose to not bring the 2013 model which is identical to the 2012 and built in parallel to the new Impreza probably for the very reasons the article cites. There will not be a turbo Legacy for 2013 will there. For what I know Subaru chose to kill the 2013 turbo Legacy and the decision has been taken not to bring that car to the US because of insufficient demand.
demand has dwindled as the performance model can no longer compete with more modern rivals in terms of design, interior quality, performance and emissions.

I am sure that once the 2014 turbo 2.0 liter versions are released world wide in the new body style, they will be marketed in UK. If anything, Subaru cannot afford to lose the UK auto racing scene and the motor racing companies like ProDrive.

So this whole bit of news is just incomplete, misleading automotive reporting by someone who was browsing the UK Subaru website.

And seriously ? BRZ and SUVs for UK ? UK Footballers like Wayne Rooney are not gonna look at Subaru when they have Land Rover and Ferrari within their budget.