View Single Post
#7: 12-18-2012, 03:32 PM

outahere
Title: HighIntensityDenial
Car: '05 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT
Send a private message to outahere Find all posts by outahere Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurlyOldManMN View Post
Not sure how to take that. A lot of us are dumping cash into getting rid of "plushness" they say has been removed in favor of stability under "emergency" situations. That sounds like a plus.
OTOH, some people missed the "plushness" of the earlier Legacy, like this customer (and a legacygt.com member???) at Tirerack:

"Stock tires on 2010-13 Subaru Legacy with 17" alloy wheels are the Turanza EL400-02. They were reasonably acceptable on my 2010 Limited model, however, for 2013, the Legacy's suspension was tightened up to decrease body roll by 40%, resulting in an ultra-stiff & harsh ride except on only the smoothest of roads. The base model with 205/60/16 tires isn't as harsh but the 17" 50 series tires on the Premium & Limited models pick up an excessive & unacceptable amt of road feel & roughness. After several trips to the dealer & mucho correspondence with Subaru of America, I decided, at only 3K miles, to take them off and replace them with the new Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus tires. The difference was amazing - the vehicle is transformed - I've lost only a minimal amt handling compared to the stock EL400...................."

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....+Serenity+Plus