View Single Post
#11: 12-17-2012, 09:29 AM

GEE-OTTO
Title: GEE OTTO
Car: 2009 OBP LGT
Send a private message to GEE-OTTO Find all posts by GEE-OTTO Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
I hear you: it was more my response in terms of your negotiation. I could see someone negotiating on the price of the timing belt if I was at 105k miles, but trying to take stuff off for something that's 14k miles away....hehehe

I have spoken to a local subaru master tech that does some off-hours work and he quoted me $400-450 for the timing belt and water pump including parts. I figure it's $250 if you do it yourself, maybe $550-700 normal?

Barman - I was actually thinking within that KBB range, so your reaction leads me to believe more than that is where my car will sell in a reasonable period of time. This is why I'm seeking guidance man

This is tough as well b/c some people will use the old "its gotta have tires to roll" approach to recognizing maintenance. The TB is a particularly good service b/c these EJ's go to shit once it snaps. The main item on my LGT check list as I look is how well was the engine maintained. I think most buyrs will look over a ding and fabric tear is the engine and gearbox are in top shape, I know I would.

KBB saddens me every time I look b/c my car declines in value as if it were produced by the millions and sold for $5000 new