View Single Post
#4: 12-17-2012, 08:54 AM

JoeFromPA
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 06 Civic SI, 08 LGT 5-spd
Send a private message to JoeFromPA Find all posts by JoeFromPA Reply With Quote
KBB says $11.7-$13.4. I find them to be pretty poor when it comes to enthusiast vehicles overall. They do things like subtract value for manual transmissions because the auto transmission added to the MSRP - but for enthusiast vehicles, most of the time the auto transmission is worth a bit less in the resale market.

Anyway, I'm looking for independent guidance here. I go on the private sale forums here and I see 08 LGT 5-speeds going for $12-18k depending on mileage and condition. And that's list price.

I think I've got a few things going for me. I'm trying to assess the impact of those things (single owner, female driven, all maintenance records, some modifications that tend to enhance desirability and take care of a few maintenance items).

BarManBean - You are right. A really hardcore negotiator could say something like "Well in 15,000 miles I'll need to spend $400 on a maintenance piece."

To which I might reply, "Yep, everything else is taken care of for you. I'll have a fresh oil change in there with rotella 5w40. Brakes are good. LCA bushings are fresh, as are the struts (saving you maybe $1000?). And isn't it nice to do the major engine-threatening maintenance yourself to know it was done and done right?"