View Single Post
#1: 12-17-2012, 06:42 AM
Need help - value of my '08 LGT 5speed for potential sale

JoeFromPA
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 06 Civic SI, 08 LGT 5-spd
Send a private message to JoeFromPA Find all posts by JoeFromPA Reply With Quote
Hi all,

My wife and I are considering swapping our 08 LGT for either another car or getting into an 05 LGT 5-speed or possibly an OBXT 5-speed. She absolutely loves this car and refuses to drive a non-manual trans car

Anywho, I need some quick help valuing my current ride for private party sale on here/elsewhere. Here's the layout:

2008 Legacy GT 5-speed (no automatic, no navigation)
91,000 miles
Single Owner
White Pearl Exterior / Tan Leather interior
Full maintenance records kept by me since brand new

Interior: 9.0-9.5/10 - no real stains, discoloration, or wear. Driven by a 115 pound female since brand new, so even the driver's seat has retained it's tight fit.

Exterior Body: 8.5/10 - Paint is clayed/polished/sealed 1-2x per year by me and is in outstanding shape. There are a handful of hard to see dings on the car. All PDR is they were to bother someone. Handful of rock chips (surprisingly few given the mileage due to my wife's commute being all back-roads - no one in front of her)

Wheels/tires 7.0/10: Wheels are OEM wheels and have some rash on them. What's really annoying though is that shortly after getting the car corrosion started spreading out from the center caps. Subaru said they were going to fix it, but didn't, and I just didn't feel like fighting it. Tires are michelin pilot exalto a/s in 225/45/17 - probably 25,000 miles left on the tread.

Accidents: None. However, the car had hail damage ~60k miles ago. It was fully fixed by paintless dent removal but was claimed on insurance. I have the paperwork on the dent removal since it was on ~6 body panels.

Modifications:

Cobb Short Shifter
Cobb Sway Bars
Kartboy Endlinks
Whiteline Sway Bushings
Koni Inserts (Installed by AZP Installs)
Whiteline LCA Bushings (Installed by AZP Installs)
20% tint on side windows, 35% tint on rear window - blends beautifully and gives more visibility out the back at night

Repairs of note/existing problems:

Car has been almost miraculously reliable. Around 40k miles, there was a problem with the pass airbag sensing system connected to the overhead light cluster and warning message system. It was replaced and fixed.

No wheel bearings, sensors, suspension, steering, axle, or drivetrain issues whatsoever. No other electrical issues. Original clutch. TOB makes noise in very cold/very wet start-ups and maybe a few miles; has been doing it for 60-70k miles now. I have tested and confirmed the clutch holds HARD in every gear from very low rpms (i.e. 5th gear uphill at 2000 rpms) to high rpm shifts.

Any advice on what I could reasonably get for this car private party on here is welcome. It's been an absolute gem and I am, quite frankly, scared to get rid of it.

Thanks all,

Joe
Sponsored links