#23: 12-16-2012, 09:08 PM

VR4Rob
Title: Member
Car: 94 VR-4 - 05 LGT Lmt. Wagon 5MT
Send a private message to VR4Rob Find all posts by VR4Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Hi VR4Rob,

Ok, sending you an e-mail but wanted to post the questions here as well. For all others: I have spousal approval on this specific car and cash in hand. Doesn't mean Rob and I will reach a deal, but ya'll better back off

Questions:

When did you take ownership in terms of miles?
How many miles are on the ACT HD clutch/TSK3 kit? Any noises/unusual behaviors? I understand these TO bearings can make noise and still perform wonderfully for 100k miles (mine has!)...

Does the car have a short shifter? Looks like it in one of the pics but could be the angle.

Driver's seat looks to have creases and a bit of discoloration - I totally expect that for this mileage but any feedback? I know discoloration is very light dependant too.

Do you have maintenance records for your ownership? Previous owners?

As I asked in the previous post, original turbo on the car? Was it inspected when the Cobb DP or Uppipe were installed?

Do you have your stock springs still?

Can you snap any photos of the OEM wheels/tires?

I'll probably think of a few more questions. I'll e-mail these to you shortly Rob. Thanks for your time.

Joe
When did you take ownership in terms of miles?
I bought the car with about 69K miles on it from another forum member in Atlanta, GA. He bought the car with less than 30K miles on it to my knowledge. He is now a friend of mine and I am sure I can find out any history about the car from him that I don't already know. I purchased the car in the spring of 2009.

Any known accidents/bodywork? Any known squeaks/rattles/noises?
No accidents or bodywork. There are a few squeaks here and there depending on the road and temperature. The only pretty typical problem here is the dash rattle on the driver's side corner of the dash that many LGTs have. It's been so inconsistent that I haven't really had the time or motivation to inspect it. It's not major but it is there from time to time.

How many miles are on the ACT HD clutch/TSK3 kit? Any noises/unusual behaviors? I understand these TO bearings can make noise and still perform wonderfully for 100k miles (mine has!)...
The stock TO bearing failed at around 71K so I replaced all of the clutch components listed in the ad then. I'm not sure what you have in your car but the ACT HD and WRX flywheel is a GREAT upgrade over the stock clutch and dual mass flywheel setup. If I were to buy another LGT, I would probably do this clutch setup as soon as possible since it's so much better than the stock parts. It is a little squealy/squeaky on cold starts during engagement. The engagement is still very smooth though and the car's been driven gently and mostly highway miles since the install.

Does the car have a short shifter? Looks like it in one of the pics but could be the angle.
I don't think it has a short shifter. To my knowledge it's the stock, original shifter.

Driver's seat looks to have creases and a bit of discoloration - I totally expect that for this mileage but any feedback? I know discoloration is very light dependant too.
There is some wear on the bolster but nothing that I would consider very bad. Certainly no rips or tears. I can take more detailed pictures in other light if you'd like a different look at it.

Do you have maintenance records for your ownership? Previous owners?
I have a pretty good amount of receipts for all of the work that I have done on the car. I also have a good bit of receipts from the previous owner's time. He was an enthusiast like me and did basic work like oil changes and brakes on his own. If you have specific questions about any particular maintenance item I'm sure I can track them down since most everything was purchased through online vendors.

As I asked in the previous post, original turbo on the car? Was it inspected when the Cobb DP or Uppipe were installed?
The turbo is the original unit. The previous owner did the uppipe and downpipe install so I'm not sure on your question. I did have to remove the downpipe when I did the clutch and got a good look at the turbo and everything seemed fine then, though that was some miles ago now.

Do you have your stock springs still?
Yep, I still have the fully assembled stock springs and struts. I had to salvage a stud on one of the front strut mounts for the new Bilstein units but otherwise they are ready to be put back on the car if you want.

Can you snap any photos of the OEM wheels/tires? What size tires are you running on the SSR's? How much treadlife is left on the SSR tires and OEM wheel tire set?
I don't have any immediately ready but I can take some and send them your way. Cosmetically they are probably about a 6.5 or 7/10. No bends or any functional damage but there is some curb rash on a few of the wheels. I do have 5 stock wheels total with stock sized tires on them with 4 OEM centercaps that would be included in the purchase. The tires on the OEM wheels are Yokohama Avid Envigors in the stock size. They are used but I think there is a good amount of life left in them.

The tires on the SSRs are 225/40/18 Kuhmo SPTs. They are fairly worn but I'm not exactly sure how many miles they'll have left in them. My plan was to put some Pilot Super Sports on these wheels but these Kumhos have lasted much longer than I originally expected. I also have a spare but damaged SSR wheel in Anthracite with a center cap. If you've looked for these, they are discontinued in this size and very hard to find. I could have the 5th refinished to match the others at your request.

Hopefully that answers most everything you wanted to know. I tried to capture a good feel of what the car looks like up close with my pictures. With the age and mileage, the front bumper and trim pieces have some wear which I tried to capture in pictures. I am particularly picky with my cars and try to have them look and operate as good as they possibly can.

I am a member of the local Subaru group here in Huntsville and I'd be happy to put you in contact with someone else here if you wanted an honest 3rd party opinion or set of pictures of the car. I have flown to purchase cars before and definitely wouldn't want you to feel surprised by anything you missed in pictures once you got here. I'll try my best to represent the car as well as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels View Post
lower the asking price if i fly out to Alabama to pick this up?
I would be willing to work with someone flying to come pick up the car. I've had a lot of interest in the car so far but no concrete offers yet. The local airport is HSV and is about 20 minutes from my house. The airport is right off of interstate 65 for anyone thinking about travel plans.
The Following User Says Thank You to VR4Rob For This Useful Post:
SBT (12-16-2012)