View Single Post
#891: 12-16-2012, 05:17 PM

Subadozer
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: '05 GRP OBXT wagon 5EAT; BNR 16g, STi UP
Send a private message to Subadozer Find all posts by Subadozer Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
I've got an 05 with 102K that must be living on borrowed time. Its seen a steady diet of Mobil 1 since maybe 30K? Don't remember when I switched it over but I run pretty extended intervals. The dealer quote on said service was too much to swallow.
I got my XT in '10 with just under 90k on it. I'm now approaching 154k. I discussed removing the filter with the dealership service adviser and she said that they normally don't even service them unless they have other things going on that make it accessible. I still haven't changed or removed mine but have the new one that I purchased at that time. When I do make the replacement it will be with an Infamous filtered oil line, which I also already have. It seems that turbo failures due to problems with the filter are due to a number of things rather than just simply the filter clogging. Indications are that religious oil change intervals commensurate with the type of oil being used may be one of the most important parts of your maintenance schedule.