View Single Post
#10: 12-16-2012, 04:23 PM

hmmrdwn
Title: Über Mod
Car: 55 Porsche Super Speedster
Send a private message to hmmrdwn Find all posts by hmmrdwn Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellesedil View Post
I implied this in my initial response, so I'll clarify now: the Xpel/3M film is probably the last thing you need to worry about when washing your vehicle. The whole purpose of it is to sacrifice itself for the good of your car's finish. But, since you seem overly concerned about the film, might I suggest doing some research on care tips for your Xpel paint protection.

Since protecting the finish is the priority, this is why everyone is only recommending two options: wash it yourself or go touchless. One you can control to the most minute detail, but requires some effort. The other solves the effort problem, but is more expensive and less thorough.

During the winter months, the primary goal is to remove road salt from the vehicle. A touchless carwash should be capable for removing most of the salt (the one near my work even takes care of the undercarriage). But the best option will be indeed to wash the car yourself, hopefully on a day where the temperature is tolerable.
Yep Byll, this is right. I've got a 30 x 30 heated garage and can wash inside. The rest of the time I go to the touchless and use the undercarriage. Some times I take a small bucket/towel and go to the spray car wash when it isn't busy.
The Following User Says Thank You to hmmrdwn For This Useful Post:
Byll (12-18-2012)