View Single Post
#9: 12-16-2012, 03:02 PM

Ellesedil
Title: Monkey
Car: 2012 Legacy 2.5GT GGM
Send a private message to Ellesedil Find all posts by Ellesedil Reply With Quote
I implied this in my initial response, so I'll clarify now: the Xpel/3M film is probably the last thing you need to worry about when washing your vehicle. The whole purpose of it is to sacrifice itself for the good of your car's finish. But, since you seem overly concerned about the film, might I suggest doing some research on care tips for your Xpel paint protection.

Since protecting the finish is the priority, this is why everyone is only recommending two options: wash it yourself or go touchless. One you can control to the most minute detail, but requires some effort. The other solves the effort problem, but is more expensive and less thorough.

During the winter months, the primary goal is to remove road salt from the vehicle. A touchless carwash should be capable for removing most of the salt (the one near my work even takes care of the undercarriage). But the best option will be indeed to wash the car yourself, hopefully on a day where the temperature is tolerable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ellesedil For This Useful Post:
Byll (12-16-2012)