View Single Post
#1: 12-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Help with Springs: RCE or Swift?

GTEASER
Title: Teaser of the G
Car: '12 Legacy GT Stage1 **McDowell Tuned**
Send a private message to GTEASER Find all posts by GTEASER Reply With Quote
So basically I am trying to decide between Swift's and RCE's.

BigBopper's car looks great on the RCE's with a little more tire side wall to fill the wheel wells thanks to 50 series tires, but 245/45's on wider 18's would essentially do the same, but I would like to hear more...
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...wering+springs

And Blklgt05's car looks great on the Swifts with the 19's, I do like the look of the Swifts being slightly lower than the RCE's, but don't have cash to drop into 19" wheels, as I think they are aesthetically necessary when the car is lower.
http://legacygt.com/forums/album.php?albumid=958

I have re-read all of the 5th Gen suspension threads including TheOneDoubleN's RCE review and everything posted about Swifts, as well as noted who is running what and looking at a lot of pictures. I am still needing help.

And I want to hear about handling only. I can visually see the differences as the Swifts are about 1/4 to 1/2" lower, so I don't need input on that.

Has anyone driven a 5th Gen with RCE's and a 5th Gen with Swift's and have any comparison they want to share?

Short of full coilovers (which I do not have the cash for right now but will definately do in the future), I believe that the stiffest springs I can get will likely be the option I will enjoy the best for my driving style and situation (20 miles of twisty canyon roads commuted daily), but I have no way of comparing the feel and/or stiffness throughout the suspension travel. RCE's are a progressive design, and Swift's are linear.

Secondary is the aesthetics. While I do want my car maybe a little lower than the RCE's provide for, I would rather not be lower if I will not be happy with the handling thinking that I may have left something on the table for the money I spent.

Anyway, I am interested to hear the thoughts of the forum. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GTEASER; 12-14-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Sponsored links