View Single Post
#1: 12-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Crazy's 05 Legacy GT Build

crazymonk8-8
Title: Senior Member
Car: 05 Subaru legacy gt
Send a private message to crazymonk8-8 Find all posts by crazymonk8-8 Reply With Quote
I want to start this thread with a huge and I mean HUGE appreciation to PIA in Tacoma, WA and Andrew at Open Road Tuning. This project would not have been possible without their support. I am all about customer service and down to earth people that will help you out with anything. These guys have done that and more!

Hey everyone I am newer to the legacy world but have done tons of work on the Impreza platform. A little history on my last car, it was a 06 Subaru Wrx in WRB. It was my baby and I continuously worked on it.

Partial List of mods all installed by myself and a helping hand.
Rotated Gt3076r .60 hotside
Turboxs Fmic with Custom piping
Rotated Intake manifold
DW 1100cc Injectors
Boomba Fuel Rails
TGV Deletes done by Myself
Ver 7 STI Transmission and driveline
Brembo Brakes
Red Stuff Brakes Pads
EBC Slotted Rotors
HKS Carbon TI Exhaust
Tein Flex Coilovers with EDFC

I made 463WHP and 431WTQ on E85 on a Mustang Dyno
I then totaled the car, not from doing anything stupid either, but thats a story for another day.

So after I so wonderfully destroyed my pride and joy I searched around until I picked up this beauty.

Current Status:

More pictures on page 18!

She had 110k on her but has a perfectly straight body and perfect interior. So as soon as I picked it up I did the 100k service on it to be safe. After I sold my parts from the WRX I started picking up some pieces.

All of these parts could not have been installed if not for the help of all my buddies. Jarin, Travis and Nick. All of whom I love dearly.....haha.

The parts list that I have bought or am buying very soon.
Engine:
Cobb Accessport
Fast motorsports FMIC
ATP Garret 3076R .63AR
Deleted Top Feed TGV's
1100cc Injector Dynamics
8mm Phenolic Spacers
CP Pistons 99.75mm
Pauter Rods
ACL Race Bearings
Cobb Intake
Grimmspeed EBCS

Exhaust:
Invidia Q300 catback exhaust
06 WRX catless Up Pipe
Cobb Downpipe
3in Electronic Cut out
Grimmspeed Cross pipe
Grimmspeed EWG Up Pipe
44mm EWG

Suspension:
Airlift Airbag suspension
E-Level Kit
Cobb Rear Camber Arms

Exterior:
240SX Fender Flares
Work XD9 18X10 +18
Composite Racing Lugs

Random:
Brembo Brakes F&R
Nito 285/35/18
ACT Clutch
ACT lightened Flywheel
Transmission Blast Plates

So I started off installing my exhaust and a stage 2 tune. I made a little video of how it sounds. Its a little distorted because of the cell phone video but it still sounds good.

Then I did a mock up of the wheels and flares. I wanted to keep a really aggressive look with this ride and under no circumstances did I want any stretch on my wheel and tire setup. So I ended up with these.

This week I will be installing all of my goodies and taking some pictures as I go along. Thanks for reading and I hope some of you enjoy reading this project as much as I enjoy working on it. I will update this thread as much as possible.

Last edited by crazymonk8-8; 03-14-2013 at 09:55 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazymonk8-8 For This Useful Post:
axis008 (12-13-2012), Junior314 (01-15-2013), RooTBeeR (11-01-2013), slim101 (12-12-2012)
Sponsored links