View Single Post
#125: 12-10-2012, 07:36 PM

DOHCEJ22E1
Title: Monkey
Car: 1998 Subaru Legacy GT-L powered by EJ22D
Send a private message to DOHCEJ22E1 Find all posts by DOHCEJ22E1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFLS View Post
A typical bunch of internet know-it-alls with no experience in what they're preaching against.

Didn't realize I was joining Ralph Nader's "Safety-1st" forum. I thought it would be an open minded set who respected different styles, but I guess I was wrong.

holy hell, are you kidding? When did OLD LADIES have a reputation for "good taste"?
I'm sorry, it's just that my 7 year experience w/Volvos, Nissans, & Subarus has a problem with excess, seeing as I've known people who have gotten into accidents by doing a lot of dumb s**t with their cars, like cutting springs & disconnecting the ABS system because they thought that they were Colin McRae. Excessive camber is along the "stupid" line, as the video shows.

Your car is what you ride in but it's not just a car. It's a potential weapon when misused, as the video also above clearly shows. Why in the hell WOULDN'T you want to make sure that you're safe when you're out on the road? All of us are different but anyone who's SENSIBLE will know potential danger when they see it, which is why we're responding to it.

Btw, I didn't say old ladies had good taste, I said that I had good taste. Old people tend to take much better care of their cars than us young folk. THAT'S where the good taste comes in.