View Single Post
#7: 12-09-2012, 09:41 AM

Scooby Fan
Title: Contributing V.P.
Car: '12 Leg Ltd Silver,'13 3.6R Blue
Send a private message to Scooby Fan Find all posts by Scooby Fan Reply With Quote
They are OEM in all 2012 Canadian Subarus that would have Nav systems....one year deal with Pioneer of Canada....according to the sales staff at my dealership, the guy at Subaru Canada who signed off on the deal was fired shortly afterwards. A lot of the problems with them is the installation work that is done at what Subaru calls "Port of entry" install.........seems the cars leave the factory without any stereo/nav and they are installed by someone at the "Port of entry" before they are sent to the dealers....Mine was improperly installed/wired so the Sirius Sat radio did not work at all when I got the car..(Fixed by the dealer) and the GPS antenna was down inside the dash cavity wrapped in various wires...(Fixed by me with assist from Pioneer's tech service)
At the very best ....this GPS is barely adequate to navigate with but it is in combo with a great stereo.....Compared to my Garmin Nuvi the Pioneer system is virtually stone age technology.