Thread: Strut Mounts?
View Single Post
#10: 12-08-2012, 08:32 AM

Chicago
Title: New Member
Car: 09' 2.5i SE
Send a private message to Chicago Find all posts by Chicago Reply With Quote
When we replaced most of the parts, we were using an air wrench. Everything seemed as tight as it could get, but no, we didn't use a torque wrench.
The one thing that I have not done is get an alignment. I know it is an important factor, but I feel like it's too big of a problem to just be that. I didn't want to get an alignment until I knew everything was fixed as to avoid having to do it multiple times. It's interesting that you mentioned your mounts are quiet. There is definitely a small humming coming from the bearing when i spin it. Like I said earlier, it's like a skateboard or rollerblade wheel. That's what it reminds me of. I'm starting to think that maybe I should just bite the bullet and pick up some new mounts. This way I can make sure the washer is in place correctly, and since I installed new struts, I have a feeling the old mounts will go before the new struts, so I would be doing this down the road anyways. Do you guys know anywhere to get the mounts besides directly from Subaru? When I originally got the struts, I looked online for the mounts as well. It seems like the rear ones are readily available, but nobody sells aftermarket front mounts. I talked to two dealerships, and they wanted $69 and $89 for them. Funny that there was a difference between the two locations. Seems pricey.