View Single Post
#15: 12-07-2012, 07:13 PM

Legacaurus Wrex
Title: New Member
Car: 2010 Legacy 2.5GT Limited (BM9)
Send a private message to Legacaurus Wrex Find all posts by Legacaurus Wrex Reply With Quote
As far as I have always understood it and experienced it, there are a couple of different things here.

1. If you are looking to drive with some enthusiasm, you are looking for the car to err more on the side of neutral. I have never minded a bit of oversteer when driving enthusiastically, but I don't think upgrading the sway bar to 19mm (or even 21) is going to cause the car to become a drift monster in every turn when under power. Under power being the key here.

2. That brings us to the second point. I think the caution that most manufacturers build into their cars for the regular driver is a bias toward understeer, especially in situations where the driver may lift off or brake heavily.

Given the weight distribution of the Legacy GT, I doubt upgrading the rsb to something like 19 or 21 mm is going to cause the car to begin to oversteer in panic breaking or liftoff situations.

Sound about right?

Also, to the OP, after seeing yours, I went ahead and purchased the AVO mounts for the RSB. Figured if I am going to do end links and the RSB, might as well take care of all touch points.

Last edited by Legacaurus Wrex; 12-09-2012 at 06:15 AM..