View Single Post
#6: 12-07-2012, 10:16 AM

SeeeeeYa
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 2014 Forester XT Touring
Send a private message to SeeeeeYa Find all posts by SeeeeeYa Reply With Quote
I did this on my 05 LGT. I had to retune slightly after the AVO380 because it was apparently leaking pre-mod. I credit its modified capacity to my 5EAT LGT's power through the gears

I did this on my 11 WRX. Why not, it provides every positive attribute of a Forge, but for virtually free. Plus, it has the reliability of an OEM part. This one was plastic like the LGT's BPV. The addition to the WRX's driving performance was immediately obvious.

I did this to my 11 STi. Better, all metal construction, but basically the same BPV. Better, bigger, vent orifice... for the bigger TMIC, I guess. Same process to modify. Same welcomed addition to driving/power performance. Even gave it a twist of my own.

Anyone who has read the complete mod thread "over there" will come across my posts. I've been vocal about the virtues of this mod for years on here as well as other forums. It provides virtually the same BPV as was OEM on JDM STi at one time, at FAR less cost than importing one. Lots of years, three different turboed Subarus, all without an issue, all while addressing once and for all every issue related to a BPV/BOV.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeeeeeYa For This Useful Post:
dwmilton (12-09-2012), mitskip (12-07-2012)