View Single Post
#15: 12-06-2012, 12:23 PM
2013 Has the New Engine and CVT

OR01gtWagon
Title: New Member
Car: 2001 Legacy GT Wagon
Send a private message to OR01gtWagon Find all posts by OR01gtWagon Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlnman View Post
The wife's '13 CVT has nearly 2k on it now. We just took a trip and kept up with some rough numbers on the return. The return trip was mostly highway (65%) and the rest local roads including mountainous terrain (Western NC, Eastern TN). Filled up @ departure and upon arriving home had traveled 297+ miles, and she still had slightly over half a tank left. I know this is not "real" mileage number but thought it better than some of the replies you already have Hope this helps.

Travlnman - I know I'd appreciate hearing your experience as the car breaks in. The 2013 has the newer DOHC chain drive engine and the 2nd Gen CVT, so I'm interested to see how much improvement, if any, there has been in fuel economy from the 2010-2012 Legacies.

From other threads it sounds like the 2013 is geared numerically lower and seems to be a bit quicker than the previous models. Anybody have any measured 0-60 times for the 2013? C&D got 8.7 - 8.8 seconds for the 2010.

My '01 GT Wagon with the 4 speed AT is painfully slow, and gets 22-27 mpg average per tank, 30 mpg on its best highway trip. I'm looking to update and improve both the performance and fuel economy.

Thanks to all that provide helpful info.