View Single Post
#1: 12-03-2012, 04:38 PM
OEM Pioneer Streo/Nav

Scooby Fan
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: '12 Leg Ltd Silver,'13 3.6R Blue
Send a private message to Scooby Fan Find all posts by Scooby Fan Reply With Quote
I have had a few comments in a couple of other threads about the crappy stereo/nav that came in my 2012 Legacy Limited.....in Canada (Not sure about the US models) it is a Pioneer AVIC X9310BT and it was practically useless from day #1......average accuracy was as much as 500-600 meters off actual location and sent us on weird routes when trying to find various locations. Once it sent me 15 Km out of my way while trying to find an address that was less than 5 Km from where I entered the data. A couple of trips to the dealer did nothing to remedy the situation.... they tried it from a few blocks away from their lot and it found the dealership, first try.........They declared it "Fixed"
A couple of calls to the Pioneer Canada service line and I had the answer. For some reason the people who do the installs for Subaru Canada like to put the antenna under the dash amid all the wires and dash structure. Great idea !!!
Today I popped off the plastic cover that is right in front of the clock/trip info display and dug out the antenna wire which was wrapped around the antenna head and stuffed in on top of the stereo/nav unit. Simply unwrapped it and placed the antenna head on the dash with a clear view of the sky..........Guess what??? It works properly now. The antenna head is the little black box and is about 1" square and 1/2" high.
This unit will never match a Garmin for accuracy and navigation data but at least it now knows where it is and can find simple destinations.
Easy fix for anyone.......see pics.
BTW...the disc on the dash cover is for my Garmin Nuvi for when I need to find things in strange cities

Last edited by Scooby Fan; 12-03-2012 at 04:41 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Scooby Fan For This Useful Post:
minuccims (12-03-2012)
Sponsored links