View Single Post
#204: 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM

V8Bait
Title: Contributor
Send a private message to V8Bait Find all posts by V8Bait Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasopoliS View Post
out of curiosity, what does it cost someone to put a v8 in a Miata? Roughly?

What I mean is... someone drops off a Miata and says "put a v8 in this please". Of course the cost of the motor can vary based on what you use and where you get it. I only ask because its not like this is something most shops have a familiarity with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btlegacy View Post
The current cost for this Miata is around $4200. Keep in mind there is no labor cost in there and we fabricated almost all of the custom parts.

If you were to drop off the car at Flying Miata and have it built with similar parts and include everything that we have (Getrag LSD, Moser Axles, AC, PS, etc.) it would cost around $18-20k or $24-25k with a bigger motor

A basic BossFrog conversion kit is $4250. This includes subframe, transmission mount, diff mount, axles, driveshaft, clutch master, headers, and rack mount. You would still have to add engine, transmission, diff, electronics, fuel system, etc on top of this cost plus labor
I am currently Building a LS1/t-56 91' Miata and I will be around 10k in parts alone and I found my LS1/tranny from a rear ended Vette ($3500). However I am doing the V8 Roadster conversion which is a little more work/pricey than Boss Frog but I chose this kit since it sits close to the firewall and does not stick down as low as the boss frog kit.e I think once I am done I will be around 12-14k but this is including bigger brakes, suspension, ect.

Your car looks great BTW, good luck with your build!