View Single Post
#34: 12-02-2012, 05:37 PM

islandborn
Title: I ride Kharon
Car: '12 LGT BNR18G
Send a private message to islandborn Find all posts by islandborn Reply With Quote
OK!!!!!! so I finally got around to trying part 2 install - removing the metal plate protecting the turbo..... The skidplate is on solid. Bolted all up..... started the car..... Uh oh, when the engine is at idle - especially with the AC on - it made an awful rattle. Got out looked under and the turbo is soooooo close to the plate that the vibration of the engine causes it to come in contact with it. I figured if I could get some rubber grommets and place them between the frame and skidplate, it would give me a bit of room. So I bought a few, 10 to be exact, of fender washers. I wish i could find thicker ones but this is all they had at the time. 4 on each of the front screws and two on the back (back was just for the contact reason) Put them on and tightened it all up. YAY!!! have the clearance and a bit of rubber between the metal contact points which is nice. NOW I'm bad ass. I will call Primitive Racing tomorrow morning about the fix - maybe it was just mine....
Below is the contact point, the grommets, and the final screw down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(8).JPG
Views:	89
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	135505   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(9).JPG
Views:	70
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	135506   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(10).JPG
Views:	76