View Single Post
#44: 11-28-2012, 10:56 AM

twisty
Title: Monkey
Car: 95 legacy L wagon
Send a private message to twisty Find all posts by twisty Reply With Quote
so my civic has a busted bearing, my truck has had a bad clutch since like last may and my legacy runs great. ive had to let my daughter drive my legacy, which always gives me slight heart palpatations anyway. she called me saturday night and let me know she accidentally hit a curb (same way she wiped out the R&P and axle in her civic) and rashed up my new black rims. i about dropped dead right there. she said "its scratched a bit on the rim" which meant it has 3 out of 7 spokes showing metal, the lip is scratched down to metal about 10" around and the center spoke that got hit is severely grooved and visibly lower down now.

i put the new clutch in my truck to find out that the slave cylinder had popped into like 4 pieces as well, replaced it and there is no bleeder valve on the whole hydraulic system. ive been fighting it trying to get it bled out and working for a damn week now.

im about on the verge of grabbing my rifle and heading to dodge headquarters.

on the plus side, i spent a couple days out of town for work (grabbed a work truck this time) and my daughter washed the subaru inside and out while i was gone. looks good. except for that one wheel.

edit: i also picked up a D16A1 engine with DOHC head (same head as the ZC but different pistons) for 100 bucks to put in the civic. tore down the new block and it looks great, low miles and not much wear on it at all. gonna sell the head for 150 and recoup the cost of the engine.

Last edited by twisty; 11-28-2012 at 10:58 AM..