View Single Post
#254: 11-23-2012, 03:20 PM

paintpollz
Title: You take drugs, Danny?
Location: Every day........... Good. Then what's your problem?
Car: I don't know.
Send a private message to paintpollz Find all posts by paintpollz
Installed mine today. Took about 2 and a half hours because I can't read electrical diagrams haha. I was also relearning the art of soldering, and I am now very good at it. Score.

Things to note:

-I would rate installation a Medium in difficulty, mainly because of the soldering, and the short length of wires to work with.

-Mine is an 07 sedan. Remove all 3 screws and pull the entire sunroof motor/module assembly out. Don't try to remove the tabs on just the module because you cant get to one of them, just removed all 3 of the t20 screws and the entire motor/module assembly comes right out. Easy. This would have save me 20 minutes if I did this off the bat.

-Be careful where you start chopping wires! Make sure you leave enough room to work with for the wires going back to the switches, and the wires on the harness that go into the module. You don't have much to work with in the first place

-With this type of electrical work, you should be soldering EVERY connection. Don't half-ass it (No offense to others that haven't done it that way).

- Windyroad took a picture that's a couple posts back of all of the connections. Although I strongly advise against crimping wires, it is an excellent picture to refer back to if you are having trouble understanding the diagram. I compared the picture to the diagram for several minutes and it help me out a lot. Thanks Windy (p.s., solder those damn connections, especially the ones in the module housing!)

Comments on functionality: This thing is great, it is a really nicely working piece. Just as someone said earlier, you cannot hold close for a split second too long from the tilted up position, or it will stop at the half way point. I'm really impressed with it.

-is there anyway to have it "auto-close" from tilted up position?

Cheers to a great product.

Last edited by paintpollz; 11-23-2012 at 03:39 PM..