View Single Post
#10: 11-20-2012, 06:28 AM

Gborja888
Title: Contributor
Car: Subaru Legacy 2010 2.5i
Send a private message to Gborja888 Find all posts by Gborja888 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash40 View Post
Hi,

Considering a 2013 Legacy after having a Corolla for 8 years.

Been looking around the forum, but wanted to ask a couple q's.

1. How does the 2.5L feel in the '10,'11, or '12? I mean, is it fun to drive? Good acceleration, good pull?

2. A friend told me that their 2010 Legacy drove like a boat, which I found a little hard to believe. Opinions?

3. What's the best thing(s) about this car? The worst?

I drive 40 mins to work each way on a twisty parkway that could be more fun with the right car - but I really want AWD and good mpg - so that's why I am here.

Thanks for any thoughts!
Actually, I've used to own a 1991 and 1998 Corolla before and I've driven both the 2002 and 2009 Corolla of my relatives back home. All I can say, there's no comparison when comparing them in terms of power, acceleration and stability. I think they are on different level. So I'm pretty sure, you could feel the big difference when you drive the legacy.

Is it fun to drive? Yes, for me it's definitely much more to drive my 2.5i CVT than all the Corolla MT/AT I've driven so far. I also feel safer to drive my car because of the more solid suspension and overall more solid feeling of the car.

Acceleration wise, the 2.5L engine is more than sufficient to power/accelerate the car - power to weight ratio is quite good, I feel it's quite powerful even with 5 big persons on the car and going up a busy shopping mall parking lot without problem.

The best thing about this car is the AWD. I could drive faster than others when it's raining and snowing Another good thing - it's very fuel efficient, I'm averaging 8.4-8.6L/100km or that's about 27-28mpg 50/50 city/highway combined driving. Another good thing is - it's unique and you seldom see the same car on the road.

The worst - not so many performance/aero kit parts for this car here. Not as many as other cars like Mazda 6, VW or AUDI.

My suggestion is for you to test drive it, if you like it, go for it, but I will tell you now that definitely you won't regret it.

Good luck on your car shopping!