If you are coming from a Corolla, you will find the 2013 Legacy 110% more sure footed, and stable at any speed, this is especially with the firmer suspension on the 2013.
1) No comment on the 10-12
2) It's possible, their suspension is way soft, you will not find this on the 2013.
3) The price to value ratio is rough to beat. You get a fairly well equipped car even at the base model, and AWD standard. The new FB is also super smooth. I am still surprised at how much fun I have got from this tiny 174hp engine.
If you want good mpg, I would stay away from the 6mt. CVT will not give you the same driving enjoyment, but you will be happier at the pump.
Originally Posted by flash40
Considering a 2013 Legacy after having a Corolla for 8 years.
Been looking around the forum, but wanted to ask a couple q's.
1. How does the 2.5L feel in the '10,'11, or '12? I mean, is it fun to drive? Good acceleration, good pull?
2. A friend told me that their 2010 Legacy drove like a boat, which I found a little hard to believe. Opinions?
3. What's the best thing(s) about this car? The worst?
I drive 40 mins to work each way on a twisty parkway that could be more fun with the right car - but I really want AWD and good mpg - so that's why I am here.
Thanks for any thoughts!