View Single Post
#3: 11-19-2012, 03:01 PM

worstcase
Title: New Member
Car: 2005 Ouback XT
Send a private message to worstcase Find all posts by worstcase Reply With Quote
@BarManBean: Thanks for the response, you seem to be saying what a lot of people are on the OEM turbo option.

I do like the BNR, it's becoming my preferred option but need to give them a call and figure cost, install and delivery time. The main issue is (as always) cost vs. result, so mainly looking for info to weigh the options.

The turbo timer was suggested by a friend (mechanic and owner of a WRX/sti), the premise being that it will ensure the oil gets cooled before engine shut-off and reduce wear and tear without me having to worry about it, something that I would appreciate since I often have a kid and a dog with me taking all my attention. I think a boost gauge would be good since we think a vacuum leak might have been part of the reason the turbo went south.

Finally, I want to avoid any fume smells and any noise increases when I modify this car since this is my daily driver and I have a 16 month old daughter who rides with me a lot, as much as doing a full mod on the engine would be its not happening on this one (that's what the Impreza will be for).