View Single Post
#233: 11-19-2012, 02:39 PM

BarManBean
Title: Hicksta V2.0
Car: '05 OBXT 6MT - Cryotuned
Send a private message to BarManBean Find all posts by BarManBean Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerbenny View Post
I would be interested in one of these kits, although I don't need to be on the expedited list.

It is certainly a good idea to have this installed, as I am going Stage II next week but I have to ask: what kind of percentage of the people who run Stage II has a boost leak from the intercooler been a problem for?

I drive the car hard, is it probable I am going to see a boost leak without this kit installed in the near future?
I have no idea what the numbers are. Some people experience endtank failure, probably most do not. Some have issues at stock levels while others are fine pushing 20+PSI. I've never pushed this kit as something that everyone needs to install or touted endtank weakness as a "sky is falling" type of problem.

That said, I run one on my car and installed it when I went stage 2. For the price it took me to make it (which was actually more than I charge for them since I had to make it twice and had to buy a specific blade for cutting the aluminum) it gives me good insurance that I won't have to buy a replacement aftermarket intercooler for $500-1000 unless I PLAN to. That's important to me and to some others. I like my car to work and I like to upgrade it when I plan to, not because something fails unexpectedly.

In stock and shipping now