Thread: DRL - Bumper
View Single Post
#13: 11-19-2012, 10:21 AM

Scooby Fan
Title: Contributing V.P.
Car: '12 Leg Ltd Silver,'13 3.6R Blue
Send a private message to Scooby Fan Find all posts by Scooby Fan Reply With Quote
Not sure yet about 5th Gen Leggies but all the earlier ones have headlight bulb problems and deleting the DRL pretty much cures the problem. Besides I grew up in the age where you control the things that are needed in cars...If I want the headlights on I will turn them on ... Likewise when I do NOT want them on I will turn them off.

I know that this will sound picky but in BC (I have not studied all the various Prov/State laws) it is illegal to have your high beam lights on within 150 M of another car...your DRL's are actually your high beams on at lower power...technically illegal.

BC Motor Vehicle Regulations...Sec. 4.06 (5)
(5) A person who drives or operates a motor vehicle must not illuminate the upper beam of a headlamp if another motor vehicle is within a distance of 150 m from that vehicle, unless the driver has overtaken and passed the other vehicle, so that the high intensity portion of the beam does not strike or reflect into the eye of the other driver.