Thread: Tomioka turbos
View Single Post
#11: 11-18-2012, 09:38 AM

Cone_Killer
Title: Contributor
Car: Blue one and a red one
Send a private message to Cone_Killer Find all posts by Cone_Killer Reply With Quote
We have a huge problem. After the first set of build quality problems, I should have suspected something else.... So after priming the turbo, pulling the fuel fuse and turning it over 5 times for 5 sec each and oil started coming out of the drain tube, the car was started for the first time. I let it idle for about 10-12min letting the packaging oil burn off but noticed that the smoke coming from the exhaust was far too much to be assembly oil. So I shut it down and left it in the garage overnight to try again this morning. So upon startup this morning, same thing, billowing smoke out of the exhaust. I drove it down the street (out of boost) and the only time it doesn't smoke is under continuous acceleration. It smokes while cruising and initial acceleration. My car has never once even thought about smoking. THIS TURBO APPEARS TO BE BLOWN BRAND NEW!!! Words cant even describe how pissed I am currently. I will be contacting Tomioka and Import Image Racing where this turbo was originally purchased.

Last edited by Cone_Killer; 11-18-2012 at 09:45 AM..