View Single Post
#9: 11-17-2012, 06:34 AM

TheMahFromTheU
Title: Member
Location: NYS where fathers can't get full custody but are expected to have a full wallet.
Car: Dad: 11' 2.5i CVT, Me: 05' 2.5GT 5EAT
Send a private message to TheMahFromTheU Find all posts by TheMahFromTheU Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarManBean View Post
Sounds great. Might want to also think about beefing up the transmission a bit--external cooler and VB mod from climberD. Also, are you doing fuel mods as well with the 18g (injectors and fuel pump)? If not, you may want to stay a bit smaller with a 16g or VF52. Also replace your stock up pipe with a catless option (aftermarket or stock sti from 02+ will work just fine). And a downpipe, bellmouth design.

Hopefully you've already though of all of this or you just added about $2k to your build

And maybe new pistons...the stock ones suck.
The main thing for me is getting the car back on the road, so I'll be keeping the shortblock stock - from what I've read so far about the 2010+ STi shortblocks its strong enough for what I want to do. As for the turbo I talked to Bryan and he says I can run the upgraded VF40 as a normal stock VF40 until I get supporting mods as you mentioned.