View Single Post
#20: 11-16-2012, 02:08 PM

DOHCEJ22E1
Title: Monkey
Car: 1998 Subaru Legacy GT-L powered by EJ22D
Send a private message to DOHCEJ22E1 Find all posts by DOHCEJ22E1 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassnectar View Post
Also on my tercel I run a oil filter for a Camry, it allows the same oil pressure through it but holds an extra .3 Litres of oil which takes my tercel from 2.9L to 3.2L. More oil means that the oil will take longer to become dirty and will dissipate heat better, as well as the larger filter being able to capture more before having its bypass fail and all your oil circulate and do whatever the hell it wants. I don't know if anyone has done this on a Subie, but the results would not be as dramatic because ej25 holds upwards of 4 litres to begin with I think??? my ej20 takes 4.8 nearly a full jug of rotella
Not to jack this thread but I have a question.
Considering that I have a hybrid (25D top-end/22E bottom-end), does this mean that my oil capacity has increased from the stock 22E?
I would imagine so because of the bigger heads but I would like that verified because if that's true, that would mean I would probably have to run a slightly larger filter than the Subaru blue or the Mobil 1 to compensate for that increased oil capacity.
Any word on this would be appreciated
I started using the conventional stuff to wear the heads & block in together but switched to 50% Rotella T6/50% semi-synthetic Valvoline after a cam seal leak incident.