View Single Post
#97: 11-16-2012, 02:06 PM

BAC5.2
Title: OTM Dir. of Engineering
Car: Rental cars
Send a private message to BAC5.2 Find all posts by BAC5.2 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by laff79 View Post
Actually it's more the guys who DON'T like it that make the stink 95% of the time.

Mine have 'smoked' overlays on them from Laminex. I realize they're not 'legal', but I have them anyway. My choice.
I tend to agree with Catalyst. Those that don't like tail light (and headlight) tint usually just make statements. The debates get dragged on and on by those who attempt to justify their illegal modifications. This thread is proof. There is no mincing words, tint on vehicle lighting is illegal. The OP even admitted it. The argument would have stopped on the first page, had there not been a rebuttal to fact, and a continuing attempt at justification.

I agree with your approach. You know they are illegal. You know they pose some risk if you get into an accident. You accept the consequences, and understand what you are doing. Best of all, you don't try and justify your choice by trying to lawyer out of your responsibility. My only complaint, is that they are dangerous outside of your control. I'm not a fan of the looks, but it's not my car. Yours, at least, don't look as bad as some of the other ones I've seen that look almost entirely black.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BAC5.2 For This Useful Post:
.:Catalyst:. (11-16-2012), laff79 (11-16-2012), thefultonhow (11-16-2012)