View Single Post
#14: 11-14-2012, 09:58 PM

Aracheon
Title: Clutch Artist
Send a private message to Aracheon Find all posts by Aracheon Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ25subie05 View Post
what I'm not understanding is why is it not worth the money? it helps keep the intercooler and all those good ol' parts clean from oil right? or do i have the setup all messed up? enlighten me
It's one of those things where the products don't always have a quantifiable improvement. It's not like flashing your AP to Cobb Stage 2 from stock and noticing an immediate difference.

The products and solutions offered are rather expensive, and not all LGTs have issues with massive amounts of PCV oil consumption. Subaru engineered a catch-all solution in their PCV system that DOES work, but it does have side-effects.

Personally, I don't like having oil in the intake tract, so I opted to put Moroso AOSes on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahr_side View Post
At 60,000km I have barely a noticeable film of oil in my intake. I won't be fitting an AOS until that changes.
A good reason NOT to bother with an AOS... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." If I hadn't seen a lot of oil inside my TMIC on both my STi and my LGT, I wouldn't have bothered with an AOS either.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aracheon For This Useful Post:
EJ25subie05 (11-14-2012)