View Single Post
#1: 11-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Remote Start 2010 Legacy Limited

Ryanmj29
Title: New Member
Send a private message to Ryanmj29 Find all posts by Ryanmj29 Reply With Quote
Long time reader first time post.

I recently bought a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Limited with the winter package. Has 18,000 miles on it and was a lease turn in from an older couple.

Not that winter is coming fast the first thing I would like to install a remote start. I have searched the forums and have found tons of information but nothing that really answered my question.

From the information that i have gathered i am wanting to go with a Compustar RF-1BAM or RF-P1B-SH. Just the simple remote start since the key is embedded in the stock key fob.

When calling around to different installers most of them seemed to install no name brands. But one company is a Compustar Authorized Deal at first stated it would be around $240 and no key would be needed. So today after calling around to other installers i decided to go with them and wanted to setup an appointment. The guy on the phone talked to the installer and said that the found that the Legacys need two bypass systems and would be at the very least a $500 job!! and would need a key.

My question is does anyone have experience with those particular remote starters and what exactly they need?

Do i really need to give up a key?

How much work/how hard is it to install yourself?

and is $500 too much?

It would be nice to know exactly what is need for a Legacy remote start. Seem like most installers do not have much experience with Subies so are uncomfortable with them.

Thanks for the info guys/girls

Last edited by Ryanmj29; 11-14-2012 at 05:09 PM..
Sponsored links