View Single Post
#20: 11-14-2012, 11:26 AM

TRSCobra
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: '12 Mazda 3, '12 C300 4matic, '06 Z06
Send a private message to TRSCobra Find all posts by TRSCobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12sechatch View Post
I agree with you in principle, however, certain cases have extenuating circumstances. When you have a track prepped car, you're searching for a buyer that WANTS a track prepped car. You're not going to be selling this to a 16 year old kid to drive to high school (god, i hope not anyway). A person that is looking for a track prepped car realizes the value in the particular modifications a vehicle like this has.

Does that mean you can get 1:1 back on your investment? of course not. But $20K isn't obscene, I honestly believe that. Now, with that said, it is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay.
Oh, I agree that even at $20k, the car is a bargain to someone looking specifically for a car with such mods. It just takes time before that person finds it, or saves up the money to get it. Eventually, I'm sure it could sell for the original asking price, but the seller would have to endure endless tire kickers and low ballers to hold out for the person who is willing to pay for it. I went through the same thing with my car. Would have held on to it longer, but I got impatient. The fact that one of my old army buddies was the buyer (and i knew he would take care of the car) helped me make my decision, too.