View Single Post
#10: 11-14-2012, 08:36 AM

ktmrider
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: 05 LGT 6MT conversion
Send a private message to ktmrider Find all posts by ktmrider Reply With Quote
[QUOTE=Impatient;4152615]So I guess you'd be on your own. Something tells me you'd be "cramming" the springs onto those struts. But I have to admit, that "spring length" thread had me wondering about the fronts.

I say we figure out where KTM lives and steal his Bilstein BTS's, and see what he does to recoup. It ain't that easy. But a member named Easton seems to have hit a pretty good "2nd best" option: from memory, he has Legacy GT wagon springs and Spec B shocks. Bilstein HD's and those springs might work too. In both cases, spacers between struts and body (upper mount) are probably needed. In effect, between the shorter (Bilstein) strut and the spacer, its basically just moving the spring further down the strut assemby, but same effect as the original longer OB strut. So they are using a SHORTER SPRING with the effectively LONG STRUT.[/QUOTE]
LOL it ain't me you gotta pry the BTS bit from it's my wife. I do still have the Megan CO's and recently got replacement hardware to use with the new inserts.

Check this thread from OB.com, lots of great info on spring/strut/hybrid topics: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...nsion-faq.html

After trying a number of options including Baja stuff on the OBXT if you wanna lower it use LGT bits with spacers to dial in height. Or luck into some BTS stuff and some extra $$$ like I did.

Or as I have come to decide buy a LGT wagon. Lowering an OB seems counter-intuitive unless it's for the manual tranny options after 2005 MY.