View Single Post
#9: 11-14-2012, 12:05 AM

subielova88
Title: Junior Member
Car: 97Gs-t, 92 TSI AWD(Projects)05 LGT 5MT
Send a private message to subielova88 Find all posts by subielova88 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1inspiredLGT View Post
The squeel is the TOB, either it's defective or it's rubbing the fingers of the pressure plate. If it's rubbing the fingers, in most cases it would sound more of a chatter. The TSK3 kit should help.

If that doesn't work, there might be too much pressure coming from the clutch piston, which is pushing the fork in more than it should. Causing the TOB to go out early. There is a walkthrough on here on how to install a spring on the back of the fork. This will help prevent the piston from extending all the way out under disengagement.
F1inspiredLGT I had the same noise before installing the TSK3 and after the installation, what you're saying makes a lot of sense, but my problem might be something else since it was there before and after, and weird thing is that it only does it in the morning when its cold in neutral idling, guess I gotta dust off the stetoscope and do some listening while engaging and disengaging the clutch...