View Single Post
#24: 11-13-2012, 11:15 PM

Higuma
Title: Senior Member
Car: 13 Subaru 2.0GT DIT Legacy Touring Wagon
Send a private message to Higuma Find all posts by Higuma Reply With Quote
I was actually quite pleased / relieved when I saw the specs - Mainly because I will be picking up my 2.0 on the 22nd and was not looking forward to having any "STi Envy"...

As it turns out I wouldn't trade any of the STi bits that you can't purchase separately for my FA20 DIT motor... If the tS had be announced with the same DIT I would have been pretty pissed - but now am breathing a sigh...

Ultimately the only bits that can't be sourced - economically at least - are the seats and platinum carbon trim... I can get all the suspension. bushings, stiffeners etc., by a direct parts order - wheels, badges etc., no problem... As far as suspension I already have Blitz ZZR dampers sitting here waiting for the DIT so the only suspension I may consider is the flexible draw stiffener... There is some literature out there that suggests that the 2.0 DIT GT already has better sway bars, bushings and control arm bushings than the standard GT so I'll just have to evaluate it when I receive it...

From the 20GT press release :
Quote:
■ Chassis
The chassis was tuned exclusively for the high performance grade 2.0GT DIT. Suspension rigidity was reinforced for better stability during high speed driving. Vehicle sway was minimized due to damper tuning and enlarged stabilizer diameter, the 2.0GT DIT offers superior stability when changing lanes and cornering.
My car was factory order with the flexible tower bar and STi front spoiler - and I really don't care for the side skirt spoilers or the rear roof spoiler extension - so I have no losses there either...

The one item that some may not have seen is the STi stripe that is available as a separate order... bottom of this page

http://www.sti.jp/product/legacyts/lineup_tw.html