My hesitation problem came back after my epoxy repair. I looked under the hood and found one of the purge control solenoid valve vacuum lines had come loose. I stuck it back on and zip tied it. The straight connect PCV line I made seemed a little loose where it connected to the elbow so I ditched the OEM spring clamp and installed a hose clamp. I think that under boost the OEM spring clamp was insufficient. The epoxy repair looks great, BTW.
I'm still chasing this stupid put-put problem. It goes away after I fix something, then something else breaks/splits and it comes back, lol. I can't wait to install my new custom intake soon. Hopefully if helps.