View Single Post
#1: 11-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Common Problems?

InvisibleFrisbee
Title: New Member
Car: 2008 Legacy GT spec.B
Send a private message to InvisibleFrisbee Find all posts by InvisibleFrisbee Reply With Quote
Other car forums I'm not for other cars I own (Audi A6 and Ford Mustang) will often sticky at the top of model specific forums a list of the common problems with versions of the cars.

I'm sure this same question gets asked over and over, but I can't find a good consolidated list of the common problems. I think I've located a good deal on a 2008 LGT spec.B. What are the common problems and maintenance issues with this car?

Material I'm looking for:
- TSBs or Recalls
- Major maintenance intervals (and parts that need to be replaced/inspected at those intervals)
- Common wear items, and average frequency of failure if applicable.
- Stuff that should be replaced NOW before it breaks to lengthen the life of the car.
- Common issues you just have to live with (ex: Audi 2.0T engine is known to burn excessive oil...just live with it or complain enough that the dealership might replace the engine).

If a thread similar to what I'm looking for already exits, please forgive my ignorance and point me the direction of said thread.

Edit: It seems that maybe a compiled list of issues may not exit. As a gearhead and a help to others, even though I'm a complete newbie, I'll start updating my first post here with information as it's found or posted further down in this thread so that others looking for this information can find it easily.

For information on the changes from model year to model year you can check this out: http://www.cars101.com/legacy.html

Common Across all models:
- TSB's on all years, sorted by year
- Musty smell in AC and it's fix.

1st Gen (89-94)

2nd Gen (94-99)
- Blown Head Gaskets

3rd Gen (98-03)

4th Gen (03-09)
- 2.5L turbo piston ring land failures
- 5MT can be notchy and stiff when cold

5th Gen (2010+)
- Shimming issue

Last edited by InvisibleFrisbee; 01-07-2013 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: Happy to help by updating my first post
Sponsored links