View Single Post
#1: 11-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Looking to buy LGT, right now two options:

bCaff
Title: Member
Car: 2005 BSM 5MT GT
Send a private message to bCaff Find all posts by bCaff Reply With Quote
So I'm in the market for my first Subaru. My '94 Prelude died a few weeks ago and I'm currently driving a '04 Camry that is boring me to death. It has been great to fill in the time gap between cars but it is time to get something a little more spirited. I test drove a G35 sedan 6MT and liked it, but then I drove a lightly modded '05 LGT limited and instantly loved it. My good friend has a '06 STi that is quite the ride, but I'm looking for a bit more refinement to go with boxer engine turbo fun.

Right now there are two viable options in my area. I'm located in NC.

> 2005 Legacy GT 5MT - $11,500 asking price
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ctd/3395187974.html
75k miles, 5MT, GTX 2-tone seats, K&N intake, Borla cat back exhaust, two owner history and sounds like it was taken care of by both owners.

> 2006 Legacy GT Limited 5MT - $11,350 asking price
http://www.cableauto.com/1153_V20120...D-AWD-for-sale
99k miles, 5MT, Black on black leather, all stock, recent front diff repair at Subaru Dealer, has one owner history but has been in and out of dealers auctions for the last year or so I don't know why.

Basically is there any reason not to look at a 2005? I know it was the first year of this generation, was there anything problematic that was fixed for the next model year? Then the question becomes, GT vs GT Limited. I don't need leather, I would like a sunroof, but that's not a deal breaker. I really like the seats in the '05, they add a lot of character to the car. Black is hard to keep clean and I think silver is fine, especially once I tint the windows.

I'm planning on driving to see the '05 tomorrow.

Any thoughts, concerns, things I should ask or look for? I think the silver one is the better car due to the history, less miles, and tasteful mods. There aren't many other LGTs in the area. Spec B would be nice but I don't think it's necessarily worth the extra $ and time to find one in my case.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
Sponsored links