View Single Post
#4: 11-09-2012, 06:35 AM

39 of 500
Title: New Member
Car: 2006 Spec B & 1999 Legacy Wagon
Send a private message to 39 of 500 Find all posts by 39 of 500 Reply With Quote
I check my oil every other fill up religiously, I barely loose a drop between oil changes, Mobil 1 suits the card fine in my opinion. There is no noticeable difference in how the car runs from the first time this occurred through this morning, and there is only 30k on the new motor and turbo in there already. I understand the light, and the first time it happened I went through every check I could think of before attempting to turn the car over again. I'm fairly confident the engine is not being damaged as if it was it would be toast already... A Subaru tech noticed it when backing up the car after doing some work on it and pointed to a bad switch as being the likely culprit, which is why I changed it, I used a factory part, but I'm thinking it may still be bad or there could be a problem in the wiring. Everything I've read about that light in killing engine scenarios the second it kicks on people get "the knock" and everything goes to pieces from there. I wish I could reproduce the event so I could hook up a pressure gauge to it and see what the psi is at the time the light clicks on, but as it's sporadic it makes that more or less impossible... Not really constructive comments, but thanks anyway...