View Single Post
#1: 11-08-2012, 10:18 AM
OBXT w/LGT Struts and OB Springs?

Oregon OBXT
Title: Member
Send a private message to Oregon OBXT Find all posts by Oregon OBXT Reply With Quote
Howdy. Long time stalker, infrequent poster.

Currently have 05 OBXT down for TB maintenance and radiator replacement and I'm going to do suspension while it's 'off duty'. As a little background, its a 5EAT Limited Silver on Black. Current upgrades are EVO 16G, Cobb AP, Perrin Catless UP, Perrin Turbo Inlet, 06 center console.

Wanting to lower the wagon about 1-1/2". BC coils are an option, but I'm 41 and I'm past the point in life where I kidney damage is second to handling. If anyone had comments/experience that they're a) not that bad and b) of reasonable quality then I may still consider. Looking to achieve BMW firmness as compared to stock which I'd classify as Lexus floaty.

That said, looking at perhaps LGT KYB's for struts. As I understand it, the LGT's have a mounting point that's about 1-1/2" lower. Would coupling the LGT struts with OBXT springs get me to my goal? I've searched and not seen anyone attempt this nor have I seen anything that indicates it can't be done. I'm assuming I'd need to keep OB top hats and get LGT bumps. I'll be doing f/r bushings as well.
Sponsored links