View Single Post
#14: 11-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Higuma
Title: Senior Member
Car: 13 Subaru 2.0GT DIT Legacy Touring Wagon
Send a private message to Higuma Find all posts by Higuma Reply With Quote
Quote:
Also I see you have/will be getting a 2.0 GT Legacy. I hope you can give us a review of the FA 2.0 DIT and the CVT. Oh and plenty of pictures too!!
I test drove the 2.0 DIT twice and can tell you that it rocks...

CVT is of no particular concern because in S# mode the transmission defaults to a 8 speed automatic ( they call it 8 "step" in Japanese ) which can be fully auto in D or shift as you wish in M... If you are in S "sport" mode it will CVT or use a 6 speed pattern in M with paddle shifters...

On the 2nd test drive ( after ordering the car ) the staff let me drive it unaccompanied so I did a quick 0-100kmh run ~ 0-60mph ~ ( only once because the wife was severely UNimpressed ) with a iPhone as stopwatch...

Unscientific but - S#mode - D - on brakes w/ revs up to 2100 and let her rip... Under those conditions it was around 5.3 seconds but I am sure that could be improved upon easy enough - - trans felt VERY solid under that load...

Car pulled very hard off the line - no doubt due to the torque peak starting at 2,000 rpm and staying steady to 4800... My biggest surprise was just how much of a "grunter" this motor is - - BAGS of torque way down low in the powerband and we all know that torque is what makes a motor "QUICK" - - not HP...

This was the 2nd demo car - first was black and looked real nice but I fell in love with the SWP when I saw it the first time...

You can just see the bum of my Skyline, in the first picture, looking dejected because we just told her she was going to a different home....

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Higuma For This Useful Post:
BMA44 (11-13-2012), BXR4T (12-19-2012), Gienek (12-23-2012), gonzo2186 (11-12-2012), laufu (11-07-2012), SubieDriver (11-08-2012)