View Single Post
#5: 11-06-2012, 03:02 AM

Hoojammyflip
Title: Member
Car: 2.0GT spec.B JDM (STi8 sh eng) '89 ZX10
Send a private message to Hoojammyflip Find all posts by Hoojammyflip Reply With Quote
To explain my reason for wanting to swap the part...

I love the way the car drives. The only reason I have swapped it out is because I am missing some ponies from the top end (Please note - in the UK we use power at flywheel for these charts NOT at the wheel! ) . I bought it a year ago advertised as 320bhp - If you look at the comparison between my power curve (Graphite) and Boons there is an uncanny similarity until 5750 rpm...

Graphs show uncorrected power for comparison purposes - peak corrected power for mine was 244 bhp (and 280bhp is standard)

My car is stock apart from a MillTek sports exhaust system with sports cat and quad exhaust tailpipes and an ECUTek Map, Boons car is stock apart from a new 1.0 bar actuator and having been mapped.

So having changed the wastegate actuator for one that should be the same as brand new stock pressure (0.8 bar) I am expecting that it will allow the boost to hold for the duration of the rpm range rather than tailing away as it appears to be doing at my last dyno session. So I am not expecting any change really before 5750 rpm - so no change for daily driving (and certainly not when the wife is in the car )

I have a dyno day coming up on Saturday - so hopefuly will see some improvement on the chart