View Single Post
#765: 11-05-2012, 12:35 PM

TheOneDoubleN
Title: Crash Test Dummy
Car: '08 535xi Sport Wagon
Send a private message to TheOneDoubleN Find all posts by TheOneDoubleN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett View Post
I hope you guys don't think I'm an idiot for spending $400 on this install, but please tell me if you do. Ha!
I do, and here's why.

It's not like you live in Manhattan or Los Angeles, where you would have to pay a premium for labor (or anything bought/sold really). My local mechanic in West LA would have charged me $100 more than Infamous Performance down in Escondido. It's not because he is just "more expensive", it's because his operating costs in West LA are MUCH, MUCH higher than a shop in Escondido.

So that being said, I don't have any first hand knowledge about North Carolina, but if I can find a shop like Subietech in Monrovia (part of LA) which did my springs on my 2010 LGT for $180, or Infamous who did my spring/strut swap for $200-300, then I have to believe you can eventually find someone in North Carolina to do the SAME EXACT work for something closer to that, unless Greenville is just some bustling metropolis that I just don't know of or something.

Most places can smell a sucker when they walk in the door. Don't smell like one.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheOneDoubleN For This Useful Post:
Rhett (11-05-2012)